10 reasons why you should use ETS Corporate to discuss the sale of your business
Updated: Feb 1
There are so many business brokers out there, so why would you trust us over the others?
Here are 10 reasons why you should talk to us when you are considering selling your business or looking at an exit strategy.
1. We sell over 80% of businesses we take on, so our record is one of the best in the industry and we know what we are talking about.
2. Our valuer Zach Dogar is qualified and a fellow of the Institute of Consulting.
In order to qualify as a fellow, part of the criteria is to:
• Be a practising consultant or adviser at a strategic level • Have a minimum of 10 years consulting experience • Demonstrate significant contribution to the profession • Be working at a senior level as a Director or Partner or running your own very successful consultancy • Your leadership and decision-making skills are making an impact on the profession and are a senior business advisor.
DO ASK ANYONE WHO IS VALUING YOUR BUSINESS WHAT QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE THEY HAVE
3. Zach is a certified Mergers and Acquisitions professional and we are the only Business Brokers in the UK with this comprehensive qualification offering our expertise to SMEs.
4. In addition to this Zach has over 20 years experience in actually selling businesses, has in-depth knowledge of current marketing conditions and is able to offer you expert and honest advice. We use international standards of valuations which can be verified by previous business sales and accepted industry multiples, making our valuations very credible, justifiable and achievable.
"More than 90% of businesses that go to market don’t sell because of inflated values"
5. We do not charge upfront fees to take your business to market and are paid when the deal is done. This means our valuations will be realistic, and we don’t overvalue to entice you to sell with an inflated value and simply sell you a service and advertising space. More than 90% of businesses that go to market don’t sell because of inflated values, leaving the business vulnerable. We are motivated to take the deal through to completion.
6. We do our market appraisals online and by telephone, so you are not faced with a smartly dressed salesman that has never sold a business before, who is there to sell you a service and is enticing you to sign up. It’s a totally pressure-free environment where we give you the advice you need and leave you to make the decisions that are best for you. If you decide to proceed, we email you our agreement to sign online, so that you can take time to read it and ask any clarifying questions.
7. As part of our market evaluation, we study your business model in detail and do a SWOT analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) with you. This enables you to see where you can create more profit and value. See also blog 20 Tips to Add Value to Your Business.
We also provide you with a free copy of our e-book, “Seller's Guide” which describes in details the process of selling a business.
8. We send you a full written report once the consultation has taken place, so you can absorb the information at your own time. This includes a bespoke marketing strategy designed to sell your business.
9. We also discuss tax implications with you, the types of deals you will realistically be offered, see our blog post Types of Deals when Selling Your Company and go through all your options. We discuss the process of selling in detail including due diligence so that you are fully prepared when you go to market.
10. When you receive your detailed report, we then arrange a follow-up telephone meeting to answer any questions you may have. We believe in creating long-term relationships with our clients, so we are available to you at any time to help you. We work with many of our clients for months before they actually go to market, as timing is key.
11. We have a unique way of doing business, based on integrity and exceptional world-class service, and we try and make every step of the journey as stress-free and transparent as possible.
To discuss the sale of your business